The Long Room sits in part of the Big Garage, newly renovated and opened in 2013. The light and spacious room is available to hire for short and longer-term projects, both during the day and in the evening. It has traditional small-pane windows along the south facing wall with deeps sills, carpeted floor, a mellow neutral colour scheme and is entered through the entirely glazed east-facing archway.
The space has so far been host to meetings, courses, art exhibitions and other gatherings.
The Long Room Provides
- comfortable chairs and tables, which you can configure in your desired format. As a guide, 40 people sitting in rows for a talk with space for a table and speaker at the front, 15 people sitting round a block of tables, or 9 people making willow baskets!
- good natural and artificial lighting for exhibitions
- picture rail for hanging artworks or similar with plenty of wall-space
- professional projector suitable for screening films or presentations
- its own mini-kitchen (kettle, crockery, fridge etc), store and WC
- central heating and electricity included
- wheelchair access
- access to the rest of the Steading businesses during opening hours, including the Olive Tree Cafe across the courtyard
Booking the Long Room
Please contact Panny Laing at email@example.com or 01309 611278 with your requirements to check availability and receive a quote.
The rates to hire the Long Room depend on length and type of hire. As a guide, one full day is £90 and reduced rates are offered for consecutive days and longer-term lets for e.g. exhibitions or pop-up shops.. down to £30 per day for 20+ consecutive days.
Courses in the Long Room
Courses in bookbinding, basket-making, china-mending and drawing and painting are held regularly in The Long Room. For more information on these and other courses being held at Logie this year, please sign up to our newsletter or visit our Courses page.
Exhibitions in the Long Room
The Long Room is available for Art and other Exhibitions – from a day to 3 or more weeks, the space has proved to be a successful venue and we will do our best to help advertise your events.