We stock locally produced food and some from further afield: we try to minimise the food miles but have to admit to being tempted by delicious food, not already widely available up here, which we feel will appeal to our customers. A selection of what you’ll find in the shop includes:
- Our own award winning Longhorn beef, naturally bred and raised at Logie, is specially prepared for the Farm shop. The beef from this traditional breed is hung for at least 3 weeks and the result is tender and succulent, and full of flavour – the taste of old-fashioned beef. The beef has been winning prizes: both the Rump Steak and the Topside has been awarded a Gold Star in the Great Taste Awards.
- Our own wild venison. Roe, and sometimes red deer, from Logie Estate is available in useful sized pieces for roasting, slicing into steaks etc. The sausages and veniburgers are hard to beat.
- Jams, biscuits, cakes, patés, cheeses etc – new products being sourced all the time.
- One product which has been flying off the shelves is the Award winning Culisse Highland Rapeseed Oil. Recommended by Nigel Slater and Claire MacDonald, it is grown, pressed and bottled by Robert MacKenzie on his family farm in Easter Ross
- The Sutherlands of Portsoy fresh and smoked fish is utterly delicious – a mild but tasty smoke allowing the succulent character of the fish to be appreciated. Delivered to the shop, fresh, on Fridays
We sell hardy plants specially selected for Scottish gardens. Many of our plants are grown and propagated from the Logie House Garden (100m above sea level), where mature specimens can be seen.
We aim to have long-lasting plants which are well proven and will continue to give pleasure for many years. We are always looking for unusual varieties of hardy perennials, shrubs and ground cover plants to add to our – and your – collections. The shop assistants are experienced gardeners and very happy to share their knowledge of the plants and gardening in general.
Tools, Paraphernalia & Useful Gifts
We sell tools and garden paraphernalia that we believe in. The range of tools is small but sturdy and useful – a lot of which we all use in the garden. Everyone has their favourite – some from the Burgon and Ball range, some made by Darlac, and then there is the wonderful Japanese herbaceous sickle, all the way from Japan where the tradition of hand tools is still so strong.
We also stock a range of useful gifts. From baskets, fun tea towels, to mugs, smellies (including Scottish Fine Soaps), toys and baskets, we look for well-made, purposeful products which make excellent presents – whether for yourself or someone else!