Over the years, some incredible photographs have been taken here at Logie, both by professionals and amateurs enjoying this special place. For the first time in 2017 we would like to invite everyone who enjoys Logie to snap away throughout the coming months and enter our first ever photography competition on the theme of The Essence of Logie.
Whether you’re a professional photographer with huge amounts of kit, a school child looking for your next project, an amateur enthusiast with a Sunday hobby or simply a happy phone-snapper, we’d love you to get involved. The sole criteria is to capture what you see as the essence of Logie. It’s free to enter, there’s a lovely Logie prize to be won, and the chance to show off your work, so why not bring your camera or smart phone next time you’re down here for a wander or a browse and start snapping..
The shortlist of winners will be displayed in a special exhibition: The Essence of Logie in Photographs in the Long Room in November.
The overall winner will receive a hamper of Logie Steading goodies, have their photograph blown up and produced for permanent display with their name and winning information at Logie Steading and a special feature in The Essence of Logie Exhibition in November.
The Panel of Judges
Our Logie-loving panel of judges comprises of a mixture of professionals and amateurs, including the renowned Gary Murison (who has photographed Logie himself on many occasions – the photograph at the top of this page was taken by Gary).
How To Enter
Please email your image to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Photography Competition’ followed by your name in the subject line.
Please submit your image as a jpeg with your full name as the file name.
Minimum photo size for entry is 1MB. Max email size is 15MB. Each entry on a separate email. Max 10 entries per person.
Entrants under the age of 18 must give their age and supply written permission to enter from a parent or guardian.
Please read the competition’s Terms and Conditions here before entering as submission of an entry is taken as acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
Terms and Conditions
- There is no entry fee.
- All entries must be received by 31st October 2017 (the closing date).
- Entries should be submitted as jpeg files.
- Max email size is 15MB. Emails larger than this will not be received. Logie takes no responsibility for entries not received no matter what the reason.
- Each entry must be submitted on a separate email. Max 10 entries per person.
- Minimum photo size for entry is 1MB.
- Anyone can enter but entrants under the age of 18 must supply written permission from a parent or guardian.
- The judging panel’s decision is Final. In the event of a tie or disagreement among the judges, an additional representative of Logie Steading or Estate will be brought in to arbitrate. Their decision is final. If any named judge is unavailable for whatever reason, Logie Estate reserves the right to choose a substitute judge.
- The winner will be contacted within three weeks of the closing date. To be confirmed as a winner and to be awarded the prize, the winner may be required to confirm full legal ownership of the winning image/s and, where applicable, that the winning entry was first created during the relevant period.
- The overall winner must be able to collect their hamper prize from Logie Steading within 30 days of the announcement of their victory. The prize/s is non transferable and there are no alternatives.
- The overall winner and runners-up may be required to take part in publicity.
- A list of winners will be published on the Logie website.
- Events may occur that render the competition itself or the awarding of the prizes impossible due to reasons beyond the control of Logie Estate, Logie Steading and Authorised Parties (known here as ‘Logie’), and accordingly Logie may at its absolute discretion vary or amend the competition and the entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to Logie as a result thereof.
- Copyright: Logie seeks no ownership of any image submitted and support the rights of the creator/owner. The image copyrights remain with the photographer.
- Usage Rights: By participating in the competition, entrants grant Logie Estate, Logie Steading and its Authorised Parties usage of images and acknowledge that Logie and Authorised Parties may use the entries in media, public display (including but not limited to display at the Steading, in electronic and other media such as website, promotional brochures etc) before, during and after the competition, without restriction. We will want to celebrate entrants’ and winners’ photography so a name credit will be included wherever reasonably possible.
- It is the entrant’s responsibility to obtain permissions from any people portrayed in their work in order that it may be entered into the competition and used according to these terms and conditions
- No entry may be submitted which:
- was not taken by the person named on the entry or makes use of a false name or identity
- unlawfully infringes the intellectual property rights or other rights of third parties, including, but not limited to, trade marks, copyright, privacy rights
- includes images or other Content which is offensive or harmful to minors or harasses, threatens, embarrasses or causes distress, unwanted attention or discomfort upon any other person
- includes any unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, or hateful material
- contains any unsolicited advertising, promotional materials, or other forms of solicitation
- contravenes any applicable law or government regulation in Scotland or the UK