The Finderne Development Trust is the trust working for the geographical area (Community Council area) surrounding Logie Steading.
Finderne is a stunningly beautiful part of Scotland and the new Finderne Development Trust (FDT), will work towards the following vision:
“A community of people, and place, which has a thriving rural based economy that protects and enhances the natural environment for the benefit of both residents and visitors”.
To achieve this we will concentrate our efforts on a number of fundamental strategic themes. These include
- Rural Economic Development
- Recreation, Health & Well Being
- Protecting & Enhancing Finderne’s Natural Assets
- Supporting skills & capacity building in the community
and these will be pursued with the underlying values and principles of
- Community focused
- An emphasis on long term investment
- Supporting other groups in achieving their goals through empowerment
The FDT is in its infancy and a considerable amount of work has to been done over the past 6 months to consult with the local community and to develop a 5 year Strategic Plan.
The trust’s office is currently located in the wood-clad building behind Logie Steading shops and cafe. More information about them can be found on their website https://findernedevelopmenttrust.com