We have started to install a network to bring good broadband internet service to the local area following a survey of local opinion last year which revealed the restrictions caused by the poor service currently available here.
A brief outline of the project:
- A wireless link will be installed to the Logie windfarm, from there line-of-sight wireless links will installed to connected properties.
- The signal can be bounced on to other properties so even if you cannot see the windfarm it may still be possible to connect you.
- A small receiver will be mounted on your building (normally in a similar way to the TV aerial) and from there a cable will be run into the building to a router which will provide the internet service.
- Customers will sign a contract with LogieNet similar to what you may currently have with the likes of BT.
- Our technical partner who operates networks elsewhere will provide the installation service, handle the monthly payments and provide support.
Benefits of LogieNet Broadband
- Speed around 10 times better than some of us can get at the moment
- Unlike a service from one of the national suppliers who operate large networks there will be no contention from outside our area - when all the kids get home in Forres and Elgin the speed up here will not slow down! There will be changes in speed when our kids get home but because of the number of people this will have far lees of an effect.
- With higher speeds it may be possible to drop your landline monthly fee and sign up to a cheaper VoIP service while keeping your local number.
- Professional support from a local small IT business