Come and spend a relaxing 5 days in the woods creating a piece of handmade furniture. Set outside in a beautiful woodland workshop over-looking the river Findhorn on Logie Estate. You will learn a wide range of traditional “Green Woodworking” techniques. Using hand tools and locally sourced wood you will be guided through the process of making your very own “West Coast Chair”, in the vernacular tradition of the west coast of scotland. This style is based upon a chair in the collection of the “Highland Folk Museum” Newtonmore.
Limited places available. Book online by clicking HERE. Phone on 07879856630 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Choosing the correct timber
- Cleaving a log using metal wedges and a Froe (traditional hand tool)
- Working the legs and spindles using a shave horse, drawknife and spokeshave
- Jointing using a traditional method
- Steam bending the backrest
- Shaping the seat
£450 per person including all materials.
This course start’s at 10am on the first day and 9am thereafter and finishes around 4pm each day. All tools and materials provided.