Come and spend a relaxing weekend in the workshop creating a piece of handmade furniture. You will learn a wide range of traditional "Green Woodworking" techniques. Using hand tools and locally sourced hardwood you will be guided through the process of making your very own stool.
This course is slightly different from the main summer course. We will be working in an inside environment and although we won't be surrounded by beautiful woodlands, you will get the opportunity to pay a little more attention to detail in the finishing stages of your stool.
Limited places available. Book online by clicking HERE. Phone on 07879856630 or email email@example.com.
- Choosing the correct timber
- Cleaving a log using metal wedges and a Froe (traditional hand tool)
- Working the wood using a shave horse, drawknife and spokeshave
- Jointing using a traditional method
- Shaping the hardwood seat
£180 per person including all materials.
Courses start at 10am and finish around 4pm each day. A simple warming lunch of soup and a roll will be provided. Tools and materials provided.