Come and create your own beautiful table from Scottish hardwood. This 3 day course encompasses both "Green Woodworking" techniques and contemporary furniture practices, which combined allow you to create a stunning table through enjoyable working processes. You will get your own hardwood table top and create either a centrepiece coffee table or a side table to sit pride of place in your home.
This course will be split between the woodland workshop and an inside workshop. We are able to choose and adapt depending on the weather conditions at this time of year.
Limited places available. Book online by clicking HERE. Phone on 07879856630 or email email@example.com.
- Choosing the correct timber
- Cleaving a log using metal wedges and a Froe (traditional hand tool)
- Working the legs using a shave horse, drawknife
- Cutting the tenons on our legs
- Creating the tenon slot and wedge joint
- Drilling the mortices in the top
- Assembling the frame
- Clamping and glueing up
- Sanding down
- Applying a coat of finish to protect and really bring out the beautiful grain
£280 plus your choice of hardwood top between £50-£80
Course's start at 10am on the first day and 9am thereafter. We will aim to finish around 5pm each day. All tools and materials provided. Tea, Coffee and biscuits will be provided all day long but please BRING YOUR OWN LUNCH.