Come and spend a relaxing time in the woods learning new skills and meeting new folk the green wood way. Green woodworking is a traditional practice using fresh wood still full of sap allowing the tools to split,slice,shave and cleave through the wood with ease. We will use techniques that have been developed over hundreds of years, that are in harmony with the nature and qualities of the wood itself. No prior wood working experience is necessary, these courses are for all abilities.
Set outside in a beautiful woodland workshop over-looking the river Findhorn on Logie Estate. You will learn a wide range of traditional “Green Woodworking” techniques. Using hand tools and locally sourced hardwood you will be guided through the process of making your very own stool.
- Choosing the correct timber
- Cleaving a log using metal wedges and a Froe (traditional hand tool)
- Working the wood using a shave horse, drawknife and spokeshave
- Jointing using a traditional method
- Shaping the hardwood seat
£180 per person including all materials.
Courses start at 10am and finish around 4pm each day. All tools and materials provided.